Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Newest Bag Design :)

Yesterday I caught the design bug. So I got my room in order, found a movie for the kiddos and went to work. I love the whole design process, from picking a fabric to holding the finished bag in my hands. The further I get, and as I see a brand new design come together, it just keeps getting better and better.

I grabbed an arm at Chloe's softball game to model for me. Thanks,Audi :)
 I was not allowed full body or face shots,lol!

I made huge double pockets on the front, which are detailed with a cute little finger pleated ruffle.

The bag is 4 inches deep, so it has a TON of space inside.

I wanted handles that were more than just utilitarian....but cute! So I added the rings :)


I was in a yellow mood, so I used a cute vintage yellow fabric with a new, buttery yellow plaid.
The trim is chocolate brown.  Can anyone guess what my favorite color is??? Hehe!


I have to price this bag yet, but my best guess is $45.  I have fabric laid out to make about 6 or so more, in different colors/patterns, so I should get some on etsy soon.  I even have some prints/combinations that I haven't used before, so be on the look out!
Hint: One contains an animal print. I am NOT an animal print fan, but this one is too much fun! I had to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Great bag, Angie! Stopping by from SetUpShop's new item Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cute bag. I love the yellows.

    ReplyDelete

You took the time to hear from us, we'd LOVE to hear from you :)