Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Favorite Sewing Tool Right Now

So it's no secret....I like ruffles, pleats and other girly details on ALL of my work. So I also love any tools that will make my life easier when spending so much time on such details.
Enter....the rolled hem foot:

This scnazzy foot has saved me countless hours of ironing, folding, re-ironing etc. 
What it does is roll two teensy tiny folds in your fabric, giving it a finished hem. A finished hem that looks SO MUCH BETTER than anything I could do by hand. I'm able to feed ruffles through at break neck speeds!

I'm not going to lie: There is a learning curve to this foot. You have to figure out just the right way to hold the fabric, but once you figure it out, you will use this foot:

 all. the. time.
Since I discovered this inexpensive tool, even home dec tasks like these don't seem nearly as daunting.
source: DIY design
source: Holly Molly & co
source: Elle apparel

source: sweetwater

Next post, I will be showing you a tutorial for a somewhat simple table runner I made using this nifty tool....

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love this little gem? I bought my first one years ago. Since then I've acquired about 6 ranging from the teeny narrow hem to 7/8 inch. They are such a time saver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need bigger ones!!!I'm totally jealous....

      Delete
  2. I didn't know they had these! That's awesome! I hate doing the folding and ironing so I need one of these. I'm nominating you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Head to my site to check out the details at http://www.lovebugliving.com/2012/04/versatile-blog-award.html
    Congrats!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

You took the time to hear from us, we'd LOVE to hear from you :)