Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Easiest Placemat Tutorial EVER!

So I've noticed that my table is always getting scratched from the various "stuff" that makes its home on it. So the solution I came up with was to go downstairs and make a quick placemat.


What you will need:
-piece of fabric
-scissors or (better yet), rotary cutter and mat
- sewing machine on a tight zigzag stitch (or far easier!) a Serger

First determine the size that you would like your placemat(s). Cut each piece to the size, adding about a 1/4 inch to each side for finishing.





On your sewing machine, sew along all of the edges with a tight, wide zigzag stitch, backstitching at the corners.






Then, trim super, duper close to your stich on the outside, so your stich is on the edge of the placemat



Or if you are lucky like me, simply run it through your serger to get it all done in one, quick step :) 


Voila, you are done! So easy, you could be super ambitious and make yourself some fancy, matching napkins :)

3 comments:

  1. Angie it's awesome!! This makes my wish for a sewing machine even stronger! I'm so glad you linked up to the link party-I hope you come back to party next week!

    Kari
    Newlyweds on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have another easy project...I'll see if I can do it and get pictures by tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Thank you for linking up at Sew Woodsy last week. Hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

You took the time to hear from us, we'd LOVE to hear from you :)